I created this blog under the authority of my employer, One World Over Time: The Industry Leader in providing Fun, Educational, Recreational and Safe Time Travel. -- Maria Somerton, Project Key

Post 2 - Proof

This is Maria Somerton, Project Key for Moonstone Tour July Fourth 2015, documenting my delivery of Proof-of-Fact to prospective indigenous TAG, Jeff Bennett.
I elected to use a printed newspaper as the Proof-of-Fact.
In accordance with established protocol, I traveled from Friday, May 1, 2015 at 8am, to Monday, May 4 at 10am, to purchase a copy of the Seattle Times newspaper.
I brought the paper back with me to May 1, to my Seattle apartment.
I laid the newspaper out on my desk. Taking a separate piece of white paper, I wrote my name, phone number and email address, then wrote the words “CALL ME” in large letters. I placed my note in the middle of the newspaper, and folded the newspaper into thirds. It folded neatly, tightly and was easy to carry inconspicuously.
I put the newspaper in my messenger bag, waited until 3:45pm, then transported to Seattle Central College. I knew Jeff would be teaching a class at that time, so I waited outside in the hall. I was a little nervous just standing there, looking like I had no purpose. As students began to exit, and the last one came out, I felt an unexpected resolute calm come over me. I walked into the classroom—Jeff looked like he didn’t recognize me at first. I went up to the front of his desk and took out the folded newspaper.
“Maria,” he said, as a look of recognition came across his face.
I put the newspaper on his desk. He picked it up. His eyes flashed to the top of the page. He didn’t say anything. I waited for a moment, as he studied the page.
“You asked me yesterday if I could get you proof.”
“Proof that you’re a time traveler?” he asked.
“Yes, this is your proof.” Jeff looked back down at the newspaper. “Take this home with you,” I said. “Read it. On Monday, when the information in this newspaper is history, call me—if you want some answers.”

Jeff looked lost. I smiled at him briefly before I turned and proceeded out of his classroom. I did an immediate corner-transport just outside his door.